Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego (BGK) is Poland's only state-owned bank. Its status is defined by the special Law of 14 March 2003, and by the Banking Law of 29 August, 1997. BGK was established in 1924 during the monetary reforms of Władysław Grabski. Between 1944-1948 the Bank's activity was suspended.
BGK was re-activated in 1989 as a bank specialized in servicing the public finance sector.